Fire & Safety
VIDAL NDT chose this program after a great deal of thought. Ironically this is the program which is not a popular career option a few years ago. However, with industries taking fire safety regulations seriously to prevent disastrous consequences, qualified HSE PROFESSIONALS with expertise in fire safety are in great demand among industrial sectors now.
When one talks about career in fire safety, it doesn’t mean that one should aim for jobs such as fire fighters or firemen types in firefighting department. But in reality, there are many career options available for those who have undergone FIRE SAFETY TRAINING from a reputed institution. Apart from government jobs, many private and public-sector companies require qualified fire safety officers to safeguard their workers and installations from fire accidents.
This program throws great career options. The qualified person secures immediate job on completion of course program. Opportunities are abundant both in public and private sectors. In these days of fast economic growth where infrastructural adjustments are part of developmental process, a qualified HSE professional is in great demand in the job market. People are under the wrong notion that career options are restricted in this field and the job may not be comfortable and glamorous. One should shed the notion. Number of changes have taken place in the scenario and a qualified person in this area need not search for a job, he is capable of choosing one among various opportunities made available to him.
Roles & responsibilities
- Watch out for fire hazards in the workplace while work is performed by other employees.
- Maintain the conditions and requirements stated on the safety permit.
- Keep flammable materials from ignition sources.
- In the event of fire, extinguish it immediately or turn a fire alarm on.
- Stop operations if you find any hazardous condition.
- Any condition in the workplace, whether usual or unexpected, determines your basic duties as a fire or safety watch. Some of them are the following:
- Maintain constant means of communication.
- As much as possible, keep visual and voice contact with other employees.
- Before and during each shift, inspect the entire work area and look for potential release of flammable vapors or liquids.
- Be prepared to operate fire extinguishers, hydrants, fixed monitors, and hose carts anytime.
- Never leave the job site while the work is being done. If you have to leave, stop the job and notify workers that you are “standing-by-for”.
- When all operations are done, do not leave the worksite unless you’re sure that there are no hot sparks, burning embers and other fire hazards. Return all fire fighting equipment to their original location.
Program process of training
Theoretical: Theory part of the process is explained to the student by making reference to the standard text books on the subject matter. We take extensive care in presenting the subject in a lucid manner in simple and straight words. Student is put to ease as we use a combination of English and local languages as medium of teaching.
Industrial visit: We take the student on tour to the industrial unit to let him have a feel of his future job situation. We strongly believe in the adage “seeing is learning”. When the student observes the process and behavior of the work force, he gains confidence and psychologically prepares himself to face the demands of his prospective job.
Internship: This is the prelude to the real job. Student is provided with an opportunity with on job training. The student actually executes the job under the direct supervision of the seasoned technician at the Unit. If the management of the Unit where the student is given internship satisfies with the performance of the student, he stands every chance to get absorbed there as a regular employee.
- Oil & gas companies
- Chemical plants
- Electricity boards
- Construction firms
- Armed forces
- Government departments
- All industrial units.
- Students 0 student
- Max Students1000
- Duration30 day
- Skill levelall
- Re-take courseN/A
0.00 average based on 0 ratings